Wednesday 28 May 2008

My Scotland

An introduction to My Scotland

Scotland has so much to offer both visitors,
and those who live here.

Most people imagine tartan, whisky, bagpipes, and the Loch Ness Monster, when they think of Scotland. But there is much more.

It is a land of Castles, Lochs, Mountains, Rivers & Glens, which lend themselves to a variety of pursuits, such as fishing, sailing, canoeing, shooting, climbing, skiing, to mention only a few.

The Home of Golf is St Andrews, and golf courses abound throughout Scotland.

The bicycle was invented in S Scotland and there are many cycling facilities.

With the advent of the many Budget Airlines, Scotland is a popular and easy place to reach.


2 comments:

Angel said...

I have to tell you that for being one that has never set foot in Scotland for some reason unbeing-knowing to me I just love the area! - Don't know why! But I love the pictures that you are posting to your blog - maybe I'll get around to reading the posts - LOL!

wowcthis said...

Angel Many Thanks for your comments. I am glad that you like the photos of my country, and hope you will be able to visit it one day. It is encouraging for me to know that my Blog is interesting to you. Maybe your ancestors came from Scotland?????